art, fiber art, tapestry, weaving

“Hammock View” Progress

Here it is just before going into the weekend, when I hope to spend hours on it.

Did I have a time with getting this correctly warped! It would have been fine the way it was, I think. I decided to remove the paper from the loom and retie the warps on the bottom. That was a disaster. Then I untied the warps at the bottom again, pull the warps through the already woven part of the tapestry, tied them as tightly as I could and knotted them with a surgeon’s knot and a half-hitch. I decided not to roll the warp onto the bottom beam until I have a few more inches woven on it. What a pain this was. I ended up with tension slightly worse than I did before I decided to be a perfectionist, but it will be just fine.

I wish that this loom had crank handles and brakes on the beams, but I guess I’ll learn with practice.


Gah. Pam told me that I needed a bigger hem so I simply pulled my cartoon up to the level where I left off and started over there. Details:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.