This paper was made with any kind of brown paper I could get my hands on, leftover plant fibers, and lots of dried basil blossoms. It smells nice. The paper was a little bigger than the cover, but I decided not to cut it down to fit. I like it sticking out.
The cover was stamped with an walnut ink dauber, and then acrylic paints. The book is bound with coptic stitch and I used corn shuck/abaca paper as spine reinforcers. The little bisque-fired ceramic buttons I’ve been using are by an artist in Brasstown, NC. I’m going to make my own buttons at some point, since I’ve run out of my own. I love making textured, stained ceramics and haven’t done any of that for a long time.