Well, last night after I posted, I nearly ruined my first book with a green ink mishap. Today I think that I redeemed it and it will look better after I work on the inside at home. In a way it was a good thing, as accidents often are, because it gave me the idea to make it into an alphabet book using the stamps that Rice gave me and the ones that I carved.
I decided to start another book with the same basic class materials. This time I stopped when I started getting really tired!:
And the real show stopper and the focus of our class is well under way. We finished painting, distressing, and cutting the wooden book covers today. Tomorrow we start sewing the binding.
I’d love to make at least two more little books while I’m here. We’ll see. Tomorrow and Friday nights we’ll have things going on here and in beautiful downtown Brasstown, NC.